"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Henry Ellis

August 9, 2007

WHY

WHY is it when you are in a conversation with an acquaintance and the conversation comes around to asking about the family, when you tell them that someone in your family is in the military they answer by saying "I'M SORRY". What the hell is that? Sorry for what, that you are a complete moron and your mother never taught you that if you can't say anything nice or appropriate that you should just shut up..... That's just my opinion what's yours?

6 comments:

Sean Dustman said...

I get that too when I tell them that I'm in. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just further away for others. Believe me, I know this could be worse, she's not trying to clean me out and this wasn't done out of anger, just depression and sadness. I miss her and am working on getting it all back together. Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I was going to see if you would mind being interviewed on my blog? If you want to please email me back. Keep up the good work!

Shelly said...

Sean,
Thanks for visiting and again I am very sorry for what you are going through.

Shelly

Shelly said...

Jon,
Thanks for visting, I am unable to e-mail you, your link is not working. If you stop back please let me know.

Thanks,
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog, My only son joined the Marines 2005, right out of high school. I was just starting to find "my next life" when I get the dreaded phone call...."Mom, I'm going to Iraq in October" Now What???

To comment on the subject. My "friends" ask how Jas is and when I tell them he headed for Iraq, I hear...."Well maybe they'll get them out of there soon. We shouldn't be there anyways" I just shake my head and walk away. Thanks for the support!

Great blog by the way. I will definately be stopping by again.

Shelly said...

Thanks Anonymous for stopping by. Good luck to your Marine, you should be very proud.

Shelly