"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Henry Ellis

August 20, 2007

Aha Moment

I was talking to The Kid the other night. He asked what was going on with me, usually we talk about him (right now his life is definitely more interesting). I told him that I want to make some changes and we discussed them. He then reminded me of what I would always say to him (hate it when they do that). "Mom, this is all just talk, I won't believe it til I see action." Well he is right, I have been all talk and no action.. That was quite the "AHA Moment" for me.

Well this morning I got my a** out of bed and went for a run...ok maybe it was a jog, and I packed a healthy lunch and snacks. No coffee stop and grabbed my water jug.

I called the number of a non-profit that has called me several times to volunteer my nursing services and I have never called them back. I have an appointment with them on Thursday.

It's a start.. I really need to get motivated, the life I want is not going to come to me, I have to go out and make it happen..

8 comments:

Buck said...

No coffee stop and...

Aiieee! Don't go TOO far, Shelly! Coffee does have its benefits, in addition to being oh-so-satisfying! ;-)

Other than that...Good on ya!

Shelly said...

Buck,
Oh I still had coffee, I just had the plain ole black stuff at home instead of the fancy high caloric kind at the coffee shop...

.... said...

I was impressed with "you got out of bed" I mean it's Monday and you ran....gave up the fancy coffee.....called in to do volunteer work....that is a lot for one day....

I think I'm slacking! What will you do tomorrow to keep up?

Thanks for adding me to your sidebar as well. I enjoy your blog a lot.....

Susan said...

Way to go! What a Monday indeed.
Glad to hear you still had some form of coffee :)

thanks for stopping by, by the way.

Shelly said...

A soldiers wife:

I know it was alot for me. I did run today, and I am going upstairs to the gym and lift some weights. I will be a sore puppy tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by.

Shelly

Shelly said...

triplee,

Thanks for stopping by. I know what a Monday and I hate Mondays...

shelly

Bag Blog said...

It is a great start and an encouragement. It has been a long time since I have had a "aha moment" and I need one.

Shelly said...

bag blog,
I know what you mean about the Aha moment, I know I have had a few, but I ignored them..LOL. I hoe you get yours soon.

Shelly