"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Henry Ellis

August 17, 2007

Living Life

I have always tried to live by my motto "No shoulda, Coulda or Woulda". I don't want to look back on life and say I should of done this, I wish I could have done that, or would have done this, But...


So I started a list of things that I don't want to regret...

Show my son what a happy, healthy marriage looks like. (hopefully I am on my way)

Spend quality time with the ones I love. Who wants to look back on life and say, "boy sure am glad I worked 80 hours a week.."

I was a nurse in my other live and I really would like to join a traveling nurse program and try and give back.

I love to travel and want to see as much of the world as I can.

Volunteer more of my time.

More exercise and eating healthier. I need to make it a lifestyle change, and not just when I gain weight or feel like crap.

Take dance lessons with MyGeek. I love to dance, he can't dance. I want to learn ballroom.

Simplify my life and be happy...

3 comments:

Buck said...

Who wants to look back on life and say, "boy sure am glad I worked 80 hours a week.."

I'm fond of saying "No one ever laid on their death bed wishing they'd spent more time at work."

Same difference. But it took me nearly a lifetime to figure THAT out...

Shelly said...

Buck,
Well at least you figured it out, I also say it is never to late..
Shelly

Bag Blog said...

My cowboy/nerd said he would love to take ballroom dance lessons with me, but there is no place near us that does lessons :( The good news is that he does dance, and we do scoot-a-boot now and then.