"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Henry Ellis

September 18, 2007

My life lessons

I had to remind myself that my life is a work in progress. It sometimes doesn't feel like it, but I have been learning about myself. Here are a few important lessons that I have learned lately.

1. Remember your job is not your life.
2. Men are not mind readers, tell them EXACTLY what you want and even tell them how you want it done.
3. Your children have their own dreams, let them live them.
4. You are the only one that can make you happy.
5. If someone can prove I get a do-over in this life then I will not make the drastic changes it sometimes takes to get where I want to go.
6. Give back, it is amazing what you get in return..
7. Remember tomorrow is another day, I have messed up many weeks with one bad day..
8. I am a better person when I am exercising and living a healthy lifestyle.
9. Friendship is hard to find, hold on to the good ones and clean out the toxic ones.
10. Smile

6 comments:

Buck said...

Your first lesson is perhaps the most difficult for any of us to grasp. And it just might be the most important lesson in your list, Shelly. I didn't learn it until it was too late...

Susan said...

Great lessons...can I borrow those? I seem to forget sometimes :)

Shelly said...

Buck,
I agree, I don't want to waste my life at my job...It's never to late...

Shelly

Shelly said...

triplee,
Borrow away.. Me too..

Shelly

CShack said...

Very good, and I love number 2! Yes, that is the truth if I ever heard it!

Shelly said...

Claire,
Yep #2 was a hard one for me, I thought I married a mind reader...LOL