"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Henry Ellis

September 24, 2007

Catching up on Life

I asked a while back Why do you blog? I never really answered that for myself. I think at first I wanted to find other mothers in the same boat I am. Well I found other mothers with sons and daughters in the military, I even found a mother who's son is training with my son... I have wondered if my son hadn't joined the Navy would I still be blogging? I don't know if I can answer that. I realized that wasn't all I wanted from blogging. I wanted of course to find myself and wasn't really sure how to do that. I do know that after I write I feel a sort of release. I tried forums for Navy Mom's, forums for weight loss... It wasn't right for me. With your own blog you can write what You want, talk about what You want, and when You want to. People that relate will comment, if they don't no harm done... It works for me..

Update on The Kid, he is doing well. Just finished up communications. He has a big test today, please keep him in your thoughts. I think he is ready for some action, I know that weapons training is coming up so he is excited.

Volunteer work.. Well that will be a whole dedicated post.

Body for Life- Doing well, every muscle is aching which is good, only down 1lb this week, total 9lbs, hopefully picking up some muscle. I am absolutely sick of chicken and protein shakes. I need to find another easy source for protein.

Took our first dance lesson, lets just say I have a very swollen left foot and leave it at that.

Have a great week everyone...

6 comments:

.... said...

I guess I started reading after your "Why do you blog" post....I like your answer though, and I think it's neat that you found a mother of someone training with your son....

I be keeping your son in my thoughts today .....and for you with the whole "action" thing....

The volunteer work, well my life revolves around that so I get that dedicated post thing....I try not to talk about it too much....too much time already goes towards it.

Good to hear that the body for life is going well.....quick protein suggestion, 10g Special K protein bars....I hate the chocolate ones, I only eat the strawberry...I eat them when I am pressed for time, but you have to take into account the other stuff in them. I also do fish...tuna when I am in a hurry, but I love all kinds of fish/seafood.....

Buck said...

Took our first dance lesson, lets just say I have a very swollen left foot and leave it at that.

Hmmm. I'm reading a LOT between the lines here! ;-)

All I can say is: It could be worse...if you were partnered with...um...someone else (who shall remain forever nameless).

Bag Blog said...

I like blogging. Years ago, I had a terrible experience with chat rooms. I heard about blogging during the last presidential election and thought it sounded interesting. My son came home and said he had a blog, and I said that I wanted one too! It has been lots of fun ever since. I find it a great way to communicate with people, get interesting views on stories, and vent my feelings.

I hope the dance lessons get better.

Shelly said...

ASW,
Why do you blog? Thanks for the thoughts, he passed... I have heard about the bars, have to try them.. Problem with them are usually the carbs.. I am going to try to eat more fish.

Thanks
Shelly

Shelly said...

Buck,
I kept saying to myself, he is trying, ouch, he is trying, ouch...
Shelly

Shelly said...

Bag Blog,
You also have a great talent to share with all your readers. I still want a painting. I'll wait til you get settled before I start being a pest.

Shelly