"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Henry Ellis

November 27, 2007

AGHHHHH!!!!

I survived the holiday barely... I swear it brings out the worst in people.... If I do say so myself the meal was great, the company on the other hand was stressful to say the least... My cousins were of course 2 hours late, my mother nagged me all day, my Aunt brought her own food (concerned that I didn't cook for her allergies), my sister and I are not speaking at this moment (we weren't on the best of terms anyway), my uncle got drunk, The Kid was great, but I saw him for maybe 4 hours during the 4 days... Other then that it was a great time had by all..A little sarcasm...


We did go shopping on Black Friday for a few hours, did quite a bit of shopping, it was very cold here so I didn't last long... 

Christmas: Mmmm, I will be finding a quiet place to hibernate until it is all over.. 

Leaving for The Kid's Graduation today.. WOOHOO he did it.  He will receive his SWCC Pin on Thursday.. I am so very proud of him... I have a wonderful cold.  I hate to travel with a cold, a present The Kid left me on his visit... 

Will post later, hopefully from San Diego..

Hope every one's holiday was wonderful... Give me hope please....

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at the graduation - you deserve some fun with the son. I hope you get over your cold soon - I hate colds.

Buck said...

Congrats to your son, Shelly! A magnificent accomplishment.

Have fun in Sandy Eggo!

Lindsay Gray said...

Congratulations to the kid! Glad to see you made it through Thanksgiving!

Critchlow said...

I love this blog. Keep up the reality to seems to share so vividly. I am definately going to be an avid reader.

Claire said...

Hooray for making it through... even it feels like it was by the skin of your teeth. I hope all went well with graduation, and you hang in there Shelly. If you need a friend at Christmas you can join me. I will be the mom hiding under the tree when it's all over drinking a glass of wine. I will bring a glass for you.