"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."

Henry Ellis

October 25, 2007

State of Flux

Well it has been a rollercoaster ride lately and I was trying to decide if I could keep up with blogging. I really enjoy reading all the blogs and it has been good for me to write.

I decided to take a break when my dear Mother-In-Law was diagnosed with Colon Cancer at the beginning of the month. It has been very difficult for My Geek and with my nursing background, I of course jumped in with both feet. She just had surgery and is still in the hospital, but things are looking up in that area.

Then if things weren't bad enough, My sister had a cancerous tumor on her ovaries. She just had surgery and is recuperating. The say that they got it all... So I have been traveling for a few weeks.

Secondly the business I work for is being sold.... I am trying to decide if I want to stay or go, I suppose I also need to see if they even want me... It has been hectic and stressful. I hate change, but this is what my life was suppose to be about...

The Kid is doing great, he is about a month away from graduation and keeping all fingers and toes crossed he should be graduating at the end of November. Although the nasty fire has been difficult on all the Navy in San Diego not to mention civilians.

So not sure if this is just an update or the restart.. I have never felt so out of touch with myself as I do now....

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Blogging can be good for the soul. You have a great group of readers that will understand when you don't post and be supportive when you do.

I hope all goes well with your mother-in-law and sister.

Buck said...

What Lou said, Shelly. My thoughts and prayers are with you. It sure sounds like you've hit a rough patch.

Hang in there, Girl!

Susan said...

Shelly, thanks for updating...my thoughts and prayers are sent your way too.

Shelly said...

Thanks everyone. I didn't think anyone was even stoppign by...

Claire said...

Oh Shelly! I am so sorry for all that you have been going through. I am just now reading this. I have been absent myself on the reading front since Bryan's accident and coming home and such. Ugh. I too just found out that mom has to have surgery for a lesion on her lung. I know it's tough. I am praying for you and I hope you keep blogging. I really enjoy reading your posts when I get the chance to stop by. You are a good writer, and you have a lot to offer. Hang in there!